Crafting a homemade beer-braised beef is a culinary delight. The beer not only imparts a unique flavor to the meat but also tenderizes it, ensuring every bite is succulent and flavorful.
Whether slow-cooked with onions or marinated and then grilled, this recipe is a must-try for meat lovers.
- 1.76 lb of beef, chopped
- 1.1 lb of onions
- 5 tablespoons of oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 3.17 cups of beer
- Peel and slice the onions into thin strips.
- In a skillet over low heat, sauté the onions until they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped beef and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Pour the beer into the skillet and cover.
- Cook over medium heat for 90 minutes. If it dries out, add more liquid.
Recommendations and Sides:
- Opt for a lean beef cut to achieve a tender result.
- Pair this beef with rustic potatoes, cassava, salad, or oven-roasted vegetables.
- For a deeper flavor, marinate the beef in beer for an extended period.
- Light or lager beers are ideal for cooking, while dark beers are perfect for more intense marinades.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 450 kcal
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
You may also like: How to make homemade burritos?
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use a different type of meat? Yes, but beef is most recommended for this recipe.
- Which beer type is best? Light or lager beers are ideal for cooking, but dark beers are perfect for intense marinades.
- Can I marinate the beef overnight? Absolutely, the longer you marinate the beef, the more flavorful it will be.
- What other sides do you recommend? A fresh salad or oven-roasted veggies pair perfectly with this beef.