Rice is a basic recipe that everyone should know, that’s why we bring you how to cook rice in 20 minutes, discover how to make easy and delicious rice.
If you follow the instructions below to the letter, white rice will never burn, stick to the pot, or turn into a caked and sticky mass. In addition, you will have it ready in just 20 minutes.
To prepare this recipe you can use the rice that you like the most, no matter its brand, it is simply important to maintain the preparation of the recipe.
Learn how to cook rice in 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 cup of white rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total time: 20min
- Elaboration: 0min
- Cooking: 20min
1. Find a medium pot in good condition to make the rice. Add the white rice, the 2 cups of water, the salt, and the vegetable oil, all at once. Stir a little just once and that’s it.
2. Put on high heat and let it boil for a few minutes.
3. After a few minutes (no more than 5), the water will dry up completely. When you see that this happens, more precisely, when you see that it is about to stop throwing water bubbles on the surface of the rice, lower the heat to a minimum and cover the pot.
4. Allow 15 minutes to pass, uncover and taste the grain. It should be ready by now. If it isn’t (remember some stoves are less powerful), cover again for another 5 minutes. If the grain is done, turn off and remove from the burner, this is critically important if your stove is electric, the heat could mess everything up.
5. Ready, you already have homemade and easy white rice.