The vanilla ice cream shake with cookies is a beverage that has won over many taste buds, not only for its flavor but also for its creamy texture and versatility.
This preparation is an excellent choice for those days when we want to indulge in something sweet and refreshing. Moreover, it’s a perfect alternative to share with family or offer to kids as a fun and nutritious snack.
The shake, known in some places as a “milkshake,” has its roots in the United States. Originally, these shakes were made with alcohol.
However, in the early 20th century, the recipe changed to include ice cream, turning it into the sweet and creamy drink we know today.
- Crush the Cookies: Start by crushing the cookies until you get a fine powder. This will be the crunchy base of our shake.
- Mix Ingredients: In a blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, and crushed cookies.
- Add Ice: To give it that cold and thick texture, add the ice cubes and blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Serve and Enjoy: Pour the shake into a glass and enjoy this delicious beverage.
- For a healthier version, consider using almond or hazelnut milk and adding oat flakes for thickness.
- If you prefer a more liquid shake, simply omit the ice.
- For toppings, you can add Nutella, chocolate cream, caramel, sliced almonds, or whipped cream.
- If you wish to vary, switch the vanilla cookies for Oreos or any other cookie of your preference.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
These figures are approximate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used.
- Calories: 350
- Proteins: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fats: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 30g
You may also like: How to Make Italian Sorbetto – Lemon and Strawberry Recipes