If we are thinking of having a fitness body, the word fried must be practically erased from our diet, so we bring you a recipe for how to make homemade crispy fitness fries.
The potato is a great food but it is very feared because everyone thinks that it “fattens” a lot when consumed, but as we always say: food feeds, what makes you fat are general bad habits, such as eating traditional French fries as routine.
The potato is within the group of vegetables and vegetables, belonging to the group of tubers and roots. 80% of what it is composed of is water, and carbohydrates undoubtedly stand out among the macronutrients.
Discover how to make homemade crispy fitness fries
French fries absorb a lot of oil, which is what ultimately makes the product so high in calories, and potato chips, being cut into such thin slices, absorb a lot of oil and become a capricious, high-calorie appetizer, which you should skip if you you want a fitness body.
If we make them at home, it is possible, reduce the absorption of oil somewhat with different tricks such as letting the fried potato rest on absorbent paper, add the potato to the oil when is very hot (without smoking), use olive oil and not others for frying… but it will still be around 300 calories per 100 grams of chips.
Recipe: How to make healthy french fries
To make healthy french fries that are “fitness” we will need an air fryer to reduce the use of oil. You can use a little olive oil to make them more crispy.
- 2 medium sized potatoes.
- Paprika to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Ground pepper to taste.
Optional ingredients to give it more flavor.
- Dried parsley
How to make French fries in Air fryer?
- Total Time: 25min.
- Elaboration: 10 min.
- Cooking: 15 min.
- Rest: 30min.
Remember that the time can vary depending on the amount of potatoes you put in the basket and the thickness of these. It can be 15 or 20 minutes.
- Peel and julienne the potatoes evenly. One centimeter wide to ensure better cooking.
- Wash and soak the potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes to avoid excess starch. After this time, drain them and dry them well with kitchen paper.
- Place them in a bowl and add the oil, salt, paprika and stir so that all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 200°.
- Once the air fryer is preheated without oil, transfer the potatoes to the basket and cook for 15 minutes at 200°. (check after 10 minutes to check the cooking state).
- Remove them from the basket when they are nicely browned on all sides. and enjoy them with your family.
- Recommendation: to give your recipe fries a better texture, add a pinch of baking soda, this will make them crunchier if you wish.
Fitness french fries: reduce the oil use
If, due to dietary prescription, greater control of the calories in the diet is required, you can choose to sauté the cooked or roasted potato with a little oil so that it acquires a golden hue and simulates the crunchy texture of French fries, but with the half as many calories as these.
But there is a way to get to eat chips using only 10-15 ml. of oil, and it is with the special fryers with little or no oil. Its technology is based on a hot air cycle, which, together with the blades inside, cook food homogeneously, that is, being able to cook food very similar to frying but with just a tablespoon of oil.
With this we are going to get up to 1 kilogram of French fries with only 15 milliliters of oil, this in calories, is 1000 grams of potato is 750 calories, plus 15 milliliters of oil that is 130 calories, 880 calories, that is, ONLY 88 calories for every 100 grams of “fitness” chips. Is it or is it not a solution for potato chip addicts?