If you like the flavor of spinach and the strong flavor of cheese, we bring you a delicious recipe from how to make homemade spinach and blue cheese croquettes.
Spinach croquettes are a delicious way to eat healthy, you can accompany them with the cheese that you like the most.
However, for this recipe we will be using blue cheese, because it is a type of cheese with a strong flavor that will be the protagonist of the recipe. You can also use spreadable cheese, or Comté-type cheeses, cured manchego or blue or green cheeses such as Cabrales or Roquefort
Ingredients: How to make homemade spinach and blue cheese croquettes
- For 6 people
- Whole milk 2 glasses
- 200g Fresh or frozen spinach
- 75g Butter
- Wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- 50g Blue cheese
- 2 Eggs to wrap the croquettes
- Breadcrumbs to wrap the croquettes
How to make homemade spinach and blue cheese croquettes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total time: 35 min
- Elaboration: 30m
- Cooking: 5 min
- Rest: 2 hours
- To make the croquettes, the first thing we need is to cook the spinach for 5 minutes in salted water. Then we drain them thoroughly so that they throw away all the water, leaving them for a few minutes on a strainer. Once drained, put a pan on the fire and melt the butter.
- Lightly fry the spinach in the butter and add two tablespoons of flour, stirring until it is absorbed by the spinach.
- Next, we gradually add the milk, letting the spinach absorb it before adding more. We remove and add milk until we obtain a green bechamel that is thick enough to make croquettes.
- Add the blue cheese and stir so that it melts with the residual heat and spreads well throughout the pasta.
- Once dissolved, let the croquette paste rest in a bowl until it cools. To form the croquettes, this time I have formed balls that we passed through beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
- Once formed, we can freeze the croquettes until the day we are going to fry them or fry them directly in very hot olive oil, leaving the croquettes for a couple of minutes on each side until they begin to take on a toasted color. Then, all you have to do is drain them on absorbent paper and bring them to the table very hot.
Partially prepared recipe with information and photos of directoalpaladar.com.