Dive into this delightful marbled banana chocolate bread, perfect for any occasion. Its blend of flavors and textures makes it an ideal companion for your coffee or tea.
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.1 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 338°F (170°C).
- Peel the bananas and place them in a bowl. Mash until smooth.
- Add the eggs to the banana puree and mix well.
- Incorporate the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined.
- Add in the whole wheat flour and baking powder. Mix until you get a smooth batter.
- Set aside a portion of the batter in another bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals.
- Mix the melted chocolate with the separated batter portion.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Alternately pour the banana and chocolate mixtures into the pan.
- Using a skewer or knife, gently swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect.
- Bake at 320°F (160°C) for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Unmold and slice.
- You can use cocoa powder or a chocolate bar that you’ll need to melt beforehand.
- Follow the steps closely to achieve the desired fluffiness.
- Add a hint of ground cinnamon or star anise for an extra flavor and aroma.
- Use ripe bananas, but not overly ripe to avoid a bitter taste.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
These figures are approximate and may vary based on the specific ingredients used.
- Calories: 220
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fats: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 18g
You may also like: How to make banana bread