We must give the body the resources that decrease over time, always under medical supervision, so it is important to know these 10 tips to take care of your health after 40 years of age.
After 40, there is a drastic change in the metabolic-hormonal context. There is a decrease of up to 20% in the amount of growth hormone and testosterone, which marks the beginning of aging.
And just at that moment, we gain weight, more low-density oxidized fats circulate in the blood (bad cholesterol), insulin is usually insufficient or no longer as effective, and liver fat increases, as does pericardial fat.
All this together with a metabolic syndrome and the excesses of junk food, alcohol and drugs, which will be the breeding ground for the diseases that will come later.
Take care of your health with these 10 tips to take care of your health after 40 years of age
The first thing is to evaluate our current state of health: assess the muscle mass index and the body fat index, evaluate the blood context blood count-cholesterol-renal-liver function, glucose analysis, tumor markers in men and women.
Testicular ultrasound and regular breast exams, assess the status of the cervix in women and yes, the male and female genital tract, monitor the thyroid, do a colonoscopy after 50, assess cardiorespiratory function with a stress test, and assess health of the eyes.
We must give the body the resources that decrease over time, always under medical supervision:
- Omega 3, 6, 9
- A vitamin and mineral complex with the optimal daily proportions
- Arginine, an amino acid that we produce, but decreases with age
- A quality protein shake, without sugar or sweeteners, always in the middle of the day to prevent catabolism.
- Green tea, ginseng, cayenne pepper, ginger and coffee (at low doses) could help us activate the metabolism and lower blood glucose.
- The practice of exercises, with greater importance to strength and aerobics.
- Encourage leisure and sexual activities, to activate libido and thus have more testosterone.
- You can not miss the queen, vitamin C, at least twice a day.
- And forget about refined sugars and flours, especially those that contain gluten. Trans fats are prohibited at these ages (and at all ages).
- Train the brain with mental games like chess, take new courses or studies and get out of the comfort zone.