Without a doubt, taking care of your heart is essential to have a better quality of life, and knowing how to combine food is key to achieving it. That’s why we bring you The 10 best foods to take care of the heart and reduce inflammation.
Rob Hobson is a nutrition expert and author of wellness books. Recently, the nutritionist revealed the 10 best food combinations for a healthy heart.
Reduced inflammation, improved blood pressure, and other health benefits. Hobson argues that by mixing foods, their nutrients can benefit us more than consuming them individually, because what he calls “food synergy” is achieved.
The 10 best foods to take care of the heart and reduce inflammation
“Our diet is very important to our health, and paying more attention to what we eat and how we combine foods can be really beneficial, as they can be used to treat specific conditions, such as reducing inflammation, managing diabetes and heart disease, or treat the symptoms of menopause” Hobson said, quoted by The Mirror.
The best food combinations
Hobson specifies which are the healthiest food combinations that he has found and how they can benefit our health.
- Salad of grapes, red onion and blue cheese. Together, the nutrients in onions and grapes improve cardiovascular health through their anticoagulant action, in addition to helping prevent neurological disorders.
- Tomato, avocado and chickpea salad with olive oil. The lycopenes in tomato and the healthy fats in olive oil and avocado, as well as the fiber and protein in chickpeas, are very helpful in reducing the risk of heart disease and improving prostate health.
- Oatmeal with almonds and red fruits. Flavonoids from almonds combined with vitamin C from red fruits help reduce cholesterol oxidation and, consequently, protect the heart from cardiovascular diseases.
- Tomato salad with basil, olive oil and avocado. The lycopene present in the tomato combined with the anti-inflammatory properties of the healthy fats in olive oil and avocado benefits the heart, but also the prostate and cholesterol levels.
- Ginger and turmeric dressing with honey and garlic. This dressing that can be easily added to salads is rich in phenols and fatty acids, a combination that can help fight upper respiratory tract infections.
- Apple, spinach and walnut salad. Apple flavonoids and leafy green nitrates help improve brain function and mood.
- Probiotic Banana Yogurt Smoothie This combination benefits the microbiota and the health of the bones, since the indigestible fiber of the banana favors the balance of intestinal bacteria, the way in which the body absorbs nutrients and general immunity.
- Beans with chili. The iron in the beans along with the vitamin C in the chili is essential to improve iron absorption and prevent anemia and malnutrition.
- Curry of salmon or other oily fish (trout, herring, sardine) with almonds. The omega-3 from oily fish in conjunction with the curcumin contained in curry can help reduce general inflammation in the body, which is the root of chronic diseases.
- Chicken with paprika, turmeric and black pepper. Curcumin in conjunction with piperine present in black pepper helps reduce inflammation in the body, especially in the joints.
If you like this article about The 10 best foods to take care of the heart and reduce inflammation you can continue reading and also follow us on our social networks on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.