Texas Dairy Farm Explosion: 18,000 Cattle Heads Killed & 1 Person Injured

At least 18,000 cattle heads were killed in an explosion at a Texas dairy farm, where one person was also seriously injured.

According to a police report, the explosion occurred at the South Fork Dairy in Dimmitt, Texas, on Monday night.

The explosion caused a massive fire, which sent a huge cloud of smoke into the air, and emergency responders spent two hours controlling the fire.

Local News Channel 10 reported that the explosion could be seen several miles away and in the surrounding towns.

“Currently multiple agencies and emergency crews are on scene and have confirmed with a multiple casualty incident at South Fork Dairy in Castro County in dimmitt Texas. The explosion took place around 8:15 p.m this evening with reports of a large mushroom cloud rising from the distant its currently unknown how many people were injured as its still developing”.

The explosion occurred at 8:15pm tonight, following several reports that a large mushroom cloud was visible in the air.

Castro County Sheriff’s Office posted an update on its Facebook page with stunning images of the incident.

“The Castro County Sheriff”s Office, the Dimmitt, Hart and Nazareth Fire Departments respond to an explosion and fire at the Southfork Dairy Farms located on the 1600 blk of CR 624 which is approximately 11 miles southeast of Dimmitt.”

“Upon arrival it was determined that one person was trapped inside and fire crews were able to locate the person and remove them from the building.”

“The person was flown to the UMC Hospital in Lubbock. All employees were accounted for. Other first responders that responded to the scene: Tulia FD, Muleshoe FD, Springlake FD, Earth FD, and the Sunnyside VFD, Bailey County Sheriff”s Office, Lamb County Sheriff”s Office, Swisher County Sheriff”s Office, Texas State Fire Marshal Office, Texas Highway Patrol, the Texas Department of Emergency Management, Tulia EMS, AMR EMS, Earth EMS, and theUMC Multi-patient EMS ambus. Emergency crews were on scene until after 11 p.m.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *